Uncooked Polenta Kit with Broth
Polenta is very versatile, and has many preparations and purposes. You can add fresh herbs, shredded cheese (parmesan is wonderful here), butter, cream, fruits & honey (breakfast presentation), sautéed veggies, or most importantly, use it as a base for the proteins or veggies in this box. Even a fried egg on top works well.
The Kit includes: Polenta – 2 cups Garlic, clove Shallot, half Stock – 2 cups.
Equipment Needed: From your Pantry: Whisk Salt & Pepper Long handled spoon or sturdy rubber spatula Olive Oil 3-4-quart Pot or Sauce Pan Water – 4 cups .
1. In a sauce pan/pot on the stove or hot plate add two tablespoons of oil.
2. Heat sauce pan/pot on low/medium setting.
3. Finely dice shallot and garlic provided (keeping them separate).
4. Add shallot first and stir until it gets fragrant and translucent (about 3 min).
5. Add garlic and continue to stir (another 2 min).
6. Add water to the sauce pan/pot and a teaspoon of salt.
7. Add the stock provided as well and bring to a boil.<br/ >8. Add the polenta and begin stirring
9. Drop the temperature back to low/medium and continue to stir frequently.
10. The polenta will absorb all the liquid until it sets into a consistency of porridge or oatmeal (10-12) min. Drop the temperature to low.
11. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in shredded cheese, butter, or fresh herbs. (Optional)
Freezer Expiration: 8/1/2020